Thursday, December 1, 2011

1:30 - 30 Days of Gratitude in Pictures

I am pretty much obsessed with Pinterest. That's where I came across the idea to do a 30 day challenge: for 30 days I will take pictures of all the things I'm grateful for and post on one subject a day. Many of the challenges I looked at came with a list of things to photograph. Being creative (or averse to rules?), that didn't work for me. So I made up my own list.

It might have made more sense to do this in November, but I like the idea of doing it in December. For so many people, the Christmas season revolves around materialistic pursuits. It's easy to get caught up in the giving and getting of the season. It's nice to think that this Christmas I'll wake up knowing just how many gifts I've been given in my life.

Dirk Bogarde said that the camera "can photograph thoughts." Here are mine for the day:

I am thankful to wake up each and every morning.

I wasn't sure which item on my gratitude list to photograph today. The pink glow of the sunrise solved that problem for me. I am not a morning person at all but it is good to be alive. Because, really, waking up everyday allows me to enjoy all the other things I'm grateful for.


Like two of my favorite people in the world - Chad and Lex (yes, animals are people too!).



And my bed. I'm a big fan of sleep. I'm thankful that we're given a time of rest, a time to let our daily worries go. Until they appear as nightmares, but we won't talk about that.




Since Chad is a firefighter, I don't get to sleep next to him every night. So I'm really thankful for the nights he's home. I sleep easier knowing he's there, and Lex snuggles under the covers with us.


I often find myself jealous of my dog. What a life it would be to sleep so peacefully, without a care in the world. She'll be showing up in many more of my gratitude photos, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment